Women's Fund of Austin Community Foundation gives $400K in grants to 20 nonprofits
The Women's Fund of the Austin Community Foundation will be giving $400,000 in grants to 20 local nonprofits organizations.
The grants are distributed in amounts between $10,000 to $40,000 and are unrestricted funds for the organizations' general operating funds. The organizations were chosen because they focus on housing, child care, education, women's health and unintended pregnancy prevention.
The Women’s Fund is a giving network of individuals and corporations that wish to invest in the economic security of women in Central Texas. Since 2004, it has given more than $2 million to more than 80 organizations.
Last fall, the Women's Fund changed the way organizations apply and are considered for funding, in order to make the grant application easier to fill out, include community input, work on implicit bias in decision making and reach a more diverse group of organizations.
"We've taken the critical first steps to ensure greater equity in our grantmaking, and 2021 will serve as a baseline for future grant cycles as we continue to refine and reflect on our work in Central Texas," said Jennifer Long, 2021 chair of the Women's Fund Grants Committee, in a statement.
This year the funds are being give to these organizations:
- Saint Louise House — $40,000 awarded over two years
- Foundation Communities — $20,000
- SAFE Alliance — $10,000
- The Survive2Thrive Foundation — $10,000
- Todos Juntos Learning Center — $40,000 awarded over two years
- Sammy’s House — $20,000
- Jeremiah Program — $10,000
- RISE Child Development Center — $10,000
- Breakthrough Central Texas — $40,000 awarded over two years
- Con Mi MADRE —$20,000
- El Buen Samaritano Mission — $10,000
- Latinitas — $10,000
- Black Mamas ATX — $40,000 awarded over two years
- Austin Area Urban League — $20,000
- GALS, Giving Austin Labor Support — $10,000
- Lone Star Circle of Care — $10,000
Unintended Pregnancy Prevention
- Jane’s Due Process — $40,000 awarded over two years
- The Texas Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy — $20,000
- Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas — $10,000
- People’s Community Clinic— $10,000