Listen to Austin 360 Radio

Tour of Homes Sunday in Mount Pleasant

The Hawk Eye
Danny and April Cornell's home located at 909 S. Briarwood in Mount Pleasant.

The 21st annual T.T.T. Tour of Homes is from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday in Mount Pleasant.

The homes on the tour include: Dawn and John Bodenham 1719 Oakland Mills Rd.; Joan and Kevin Wagler 2721 Marsh Ave.; April and Danny Cornell 909 S. Briarwood Lane; Karen and Steve Brimhall 1106 W. Clay St. and Samantha and Andrew Woline 1827 170th St.

Tickets for are Adults $12 in advance or $15 at door. Children under 13 are $6.

Sponsored by Mount Pleasant Chapter DD tickets are available from any T.T.T. Chapter DD Member, Brown’s Shoe Fit, or at the doors.

The fundraiser helps send young girls to summer camp.

• • •

The John and Dawn Bodenham home at 1719 Oakland Mills Rd, was originally built by Chuck Sutter in 1972. It was 1000 square foot and had 3 bedrooms and 1 3/4 bath.

In 1992/1993 the house had a fire starting in the garage and had a full update at that time.

The Bodenham's  looked at many houses before Karen Richard brought them to this one in the spring of 1998. They bought the home and moved in Aug. 1, 1998 and welcomed their first son, Adam, in December. They went on to have a second son, Aaron, in November of 2000.

In the spring of 2004, the Bodenham’s decided to expand their home to meet the growing family needs. They added a laundry room, master suite and office on the main level with a large family room in the basement.

Over the years, they continued to make the spaces work for their family.

• • •

The Mansard style Victorian home was built in 1910. It has a flat roof with dormers in the attic that face each direction.

Kevin and Joan Wagler purchased the house at 2721 Marsh Ave. in 1995.

In the late 90s they renovated the first floor. They refinished the original fir wood floors and removed a wall to expose the grand stairway.

On Dec. 21 2009 a pipe burst above the kitchen and the room was flooded. This provided the incentive to gut the 1979 kitchen. Kevin, his two oldest sons and his brother, Curt, built cabinets out of cherry and Kevin installed hickory floors in the room.

The past two years with the four kids out of the house, Kevin and Joan have renovated the second floor of the house where there are four bedrooms, a bathroom and a large hallway.

For the home tour they have decorated for the Christmas season.

• • •

Danny and April Cornell’s home located at 909 S. Briarwood, has had a just a “few” changes during the past couple of years. This home is 4 bedrooms with 3 plus baths with tones of gray and blues.

The décor is similar to the very popular “Chip and Joanne Gaines” color palette however Danny and April have thrown in their own ideas and have brought this home into their own lifestyle.

Having just finished with new siding, black trimmed windows (inside and out) and a new tin roof only makes this home look more southern along with the beautiful tall pair of black full glass entry doors.

This home demonstrates how to take a home built in the early 2000 and transform it into your desires, colors and accents that best fit your family and lifestyle.

• • •

Karen and Steve Brimhall’s one story ranch home at 1106 West Clay Street was originally built in the mid-50s by Lynn and Edna Wright. It was sold in the early 60s to Ralph and Pauline Barnum. The home was formally located in the area where the Henry County Health Center ambulance garage is now.

In the fall of 1994 the home, then owned by HCHC, was purchased by Elsie Kinney and moved to the present location on Jan. 26, 1995. Her son, Stewart Kinney, a mason by trade, added a two-car garage and bricked the home including rebuilding the entire fireplace inside and outside.

The Brimhalls bought the home and the extra lot to the east in the summer of 2015 and began a 4 1/2 month renovation. They worked with contractor, Rob Zeglen to redo the layout to meet the needs of their lifestyle.

The Brimhalls moved in October of 2015 and have since added a deck on the east side and a front porch on the north side with all new landscaping.

• • •

Samantha and Andrew Woline’s home at 1827 170th St. is a 2500 square foot foursquare farmhouse built in 1893 and is situated on a 3-acre tract of land in Marion Township. Andrew’s great grandparents, Albert and Ella Woline (parents of Richard Woline) purchased the home in 1903 where they raised 6 children.

Prior to Andrew and Samantha moving into the home in 2010, the home was occupied by several families within the Woline family.

In 2010, Samantha and Andrew began a complete renovation of the 4 bedroom, 2 bath home that is adorned with a warm farmhouse décor which includes a copper farmhouse sink in the newly remodeled kitchen and a clawfoot tub in the main bath. Continued renovations include stripping numerous layers of paint from the curved stairway to the second floor.

The Woline’s welcome guests for the Tour of Homes and will have their home decorated for the Christmas season.