Coronavirus in Austin: Work out at home with these online classes
Just because you’re social distancing doesn’t mean you have to miss your workout: As gyms and fitness studios across Austin temporarily close their doors to help slow the spread of the new coronavirus, many have added virtual classes or opened their online options to non-members.
Grab a towel and get moving in the comfort of your own home with these classes:
– Ballet Austin is live streaming dance & fitness classes for free on Facebook & Instagram and is building a library of on-demand classes to be available by donation
– Barre3 offers 15 days of free classes when you sign up for a trial
– The Barre Code is offering its on-demand portal for $9.95/month
– Black Swan Yoga is live streaming free classes daily (donations accepted)
– Camp Gladiator is live streaming free classes daily on its Facebook page
– CorePower Yoga is offering unlimited access to on-demand classes for members and a special weekly collection of online classes free to anyone
– Crux Climbing Center is live streaming classes (training for climbing, yoga, HIIT, circuit training) for free, with Venmo tips encouraged for instructors
– DEFINE Austin is offering on-demand classes (barre, yoga, trampoline, dance cardio, ball rolling & prenatal)
– Generator Athlete Lab is posting at-home exercises daily at 11:30 a.m. on its Instagram page
– Love Cycling Studio is offering virtual classes, as well as a 30-day bike rental program for $30/day
– Melody Dancefit is live streaming some classes on Instagram; check for details
– Orangetheory Fitness is posting a free daily at-home workout, modified so that special equipment is not required
– Studio Mantra is live streaming yoga classes for free
– Todd Pilates’ on-demand classes are free to members with an unlimited monthly pass or $18/month for non-members
– Wanderlust Yoga is live streaming classes
– The Y is offering two streaming services to members
– Yoga Pod Austin is offering virtual classes for members and is also live streaming some classes on Facebook and Instagram
» MORE: Keep up with the latest developments on the coronavirus pandemic at statesman.com/coronavirus.
The American-Statesman is making this coverage available to non-subscribers at no cost as a public service during the coronavirus outbreak.
Please support local journalism by subscribing to the Statesman at statesman.com/subscribe.
Want to stay updated on the latest news about coronavirus in Austin? Subscribe to our free breaking news emails at statesman.com/newsletters.