Austin opens 10 water distribution sites Sunday
The city of Austin is opening 10 water distribution sites on Sunday in response to widespread water system outages following last week's winter storm.
Distribution begins at 9 a.m. at one site: Austin Community College's Pinnacle Campus in Southwest Austin at 7748 Highway 290 West, 78736.
Distribution begins at 11 a.m. at these locations:
- Nelson Field (7105 Berkman Dr., 78752)
- Onion Creek Soccer Complex (5600 E. William Cannon Dr., 78744)
- Roy G. Guerrero Park (400 Grove Blvd, 78741)
- ACC Highland Mall Parking Lot (E. Highland Mall Blvd, 78752)
- Garrison Park (6001 Menchaca Rd., 78745)
- Lakeline Station (13625 Lyndhurst Blvd, 78717)
- Walnut Creek Park (12138 N. Lamar Blvd, 78753)
- Zilker Park (2301 Barton Springs Rd., 78746)
- Anderson High School (8403 Mesa Dr., 78759)
Each pickup will include one case of bottled water. Each is a drivethru site; those arriving on foot are urged to bring a cart or carrier for transporting the case of water.
The city is targeting water distribution to people who do not have the ability to buy or boil water.