Live Fire announces menu for next week's Mexico-themed event
About two dozen chefs will showcase their skills over open flames at the Austin Food and Wine Alliance’s Live Fire event on April 4. This year’s food-and-beverage event at Camp Mabry which benefits the grant programs of AFWA will feature a Mexico-centric menu. See the complete menu below.
General admission tickets are $95 and can be purchased at AustinFoodWineAlliance.org. VIP passes, which include a stainless-steel YETI wine tumbler and include early entry, cost $150.
Alcohol offerings for the night include a Mexican Market Margarita by Patrón, Las Perlas Mezcaleria’s Ilegal Mezcal Bar, La Condesa's Tequila Chamucos Bar, and the 2018 Official Drink of Austin – Town Lake Yacht Club, served by Juniper Restaurant & Bar.
Mexic-Arte Museum will curate a booth featuring Mexican crafts and merchandise and there will be music from Conjunto Los Pinkys.
- Asador Mexican Barbecue, Joe Becerra - Smoked Brisket en Mole Tamarindo
- ATX Cocina Modern Mexican, Kevin Taylor - Beef Steamship - Pastor-Style
- Carnitas Lonja (San Antonio), Alejandro Paredes - Cecina - Salt-Cured Beef in the Sun
- Chispas, Jason Dady – Charred Ribeye Tacos with Rajas con Crema, Pico de Gallo, & Salsa Macha
- Cold Ones Pops, Brent Fogerty – Toasted Rice Horchata Cold Brew Pop, Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudgesicle
- Dai Due Taqueria, Stephanie Garcia - Tacos de Cachete - Beef Cheek Tacos with Fresh Corn Tortillas
- Dude, Sweet Chocolate (Dallas), Katherine Clapner - Rose Royals Truffles - Rose Petal Jam, Kimo Sabe Mezcal
- El Alma Café, Alma Alcocer-Thomas - Barbacoa Tacos with Epazote Tortillas
- La Condesa, Rick Lopez - Smoked Beef Fat Flour Quesadilla - Beef Cheek Barbacoa, Quesillo, Bone Marrow Salsa
- La Flaca Urban Gardens, Alejandra Rodriguez Boughton - Salpicon de Res - Beef Tongue Wrapped in Banana Leaves with Herbs, Served with Pickled Radish, Cucumber, Chile Piquin & Mexican Oregano; Herb Salsa with Cilantro, Mint & Epazote; Tostada with Fuego Salt
- La Panaderia (San Antonio) David Cáceres - Tequila Almond Croissant
- Launderette, Sasha Grumman - Smoked Beef Barbacoa with Guajillo, Pineapple & Bacon Fat Tortilla
- LeRoy & Lewis Barbecue, Evan LeRoy - Barbacoa Jalapeño Popper
- Licha's Cantina, Daniel Brooks – Grilled Arrachera Steak Tacos with Salsa Ceniza, Beer-Stewed Onions, Cilantro Tortillas
- Mixtli (San Antonio), Rico Torres & Diego Galicia - Alambres - Skewered Steak, Peppers, Onion, Salsa Bar
- Nixta Taqueria, Edgar Rico - Carne Crudo Tostada - Beef Tartare, Grilled Nopales, Mole-Cured Egg Yolks
- Rules & Regs, Andre Natera & Daniel Noguera - Beef Barbacoa Tacos
- SRSLY Chocolate, Bob Williamson - Mole Bar: Dark Chocolate Bar with Chiles, Spices & Candied Sesame Brittle
- Suerte, Fermín Núñez - Dobladita de Picadillo y Quesillo
- Taco Flats, Simon Madera – Taco de Arrachera al Carbon de Mesquite
- Texas Beef Council, Robert Hale – Braised Texas Beef Mexican-Style Pot Roast Tacos with Al Pastor Sauce & Fresh Pico de Gallo; plus Chef Janelle Reynolds, Rosedale Kitchen & Bar – Texas Tri-Tip with Grilled Broccoli & Chimichurri
- Valentina's Tex Mex BBQ, Miguel Vidal – Cerveza-Marinated Beef Fajita Tacos & Mesquite-Smoked Quail