Dining out for Thanksgiving Day
A host of Austin restaurants and hotels will be there to do the cooking (and cleaning) for you on Thanksgiving Day. Many of these are taking reservations, so call ahead. Or, as more than one reader has suggested, just head to a Luby's cafeteria. And look for updates on Forklore, my restaurant blog at austin360.com/forklore.
— Mike Sutter
• The Bakehouse Restaurant (5404 Manchaca Road. 443-5167, www.austinbakehouse.com): An all-you-can-eat dinner with table service. Turkey, ham, squash casserole, yams, fresh breads, pumpkin pie and more. $14.95. 10:30 a.m. to midnight.
• Cannoli Joe's (4715 W. U.S. 290. 892-4444, www.cannolijoes.com): Buffet includes turkey, pumpkin gnocchi, turkey cacciatore, candied yams, pumpkin cheesecake and its regular Italian dishes. $17.99, $5.99 for children 4-12, free for 3 and younger. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• The Carillon (AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, 1900 University Ave. 404-3689, www.meetattexas.com): Buffet features charcuterie, cheeses, smoked fish, roasted turkey, sourdough dressing, smoked duck pozole and more. $36.95, $16.95 for children 12 and younger. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Cru: A Wine Bar (238 W. Second St. 472-9463; 11410 Century Oaks Terrace at the Domain. 339-9463; www.cruawinebar.com): Three-course dinner. Appetizer choices include sweet-potato tortelloni and lamb tamales. Among the main courses are turkey, beef tenderloin, lamb, or salmon. Dessert options include pumpkin pie and chocolate lava cake. $32, half-price for children younger than 12. Noon to 9 p.m.
• European Bistro (111 E. Main St., Pflugerville. 512-835-1919, www.european-bistro.com): Choices on a five-course menu include smoked salmon, cream of asparagus soup, stuffed turkey, lamb, jagerschnitzel, wienerschnitzel, and lamb plus a European torte for dessert. $40. A la carte menu also available. 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Available through Sunday
• Fortune Chinese Seafood Restaurant (834 Kramer Lane. 490-1426, www.fortune
austin.com): Full dim sum cart service. Prices vary. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Four Seasons Hotel Austin (98 San Jacinto Blvd. 685-8300, www.fourseasons.com): Buffet options include salads, pastas, pastries, pÃ¢tÃ©s, crab claws, sushi, roasted turkey, prime rib, wild-mushroom dressing and desserts. $75 at Trio, $68 in the ballroom, $20 children 6-11, free for children 5 and younger. 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Hudson's on the Bend (3509 RM 620 N. 266-1369, www.hudsonsonthebend.com): Special Thanksgiving menu of Hudson's standards plus ancho-cured pecan-smoked turkey and pumpkin cake with caramel frosting. A la carte pricing. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m.
• Hyatt Regency Lost Pines (575 Hyatt Lost Pines Road, Bastrop. 512-308-4860 ): Buffet including turkey, ham, oysters, omelets and a dessert bar. $47, $23.50 children 4-12, free for 3 and younger. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Hyde Park Bar & Grill (4260 Duval St., 458-3168; 4521 West Gate Blvd., 899-2700; www.hydeparkbarandgrill.com): A Thanksgiving dinner special includes turkey, herbed cornbread dressing, green beans, cranberry relish, mashed potatoes, soup or salad and a soft drink. $16.95, $10.95 children 10 and younger. Vegetarian $12.95. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Omni Austin Hotel (700 San Jacinto Blvd. 476-3700, www.omnihotels.com): Brunch buffet with breakfast dishes, shrimp, smoked salmon, crab claws, prime rib, roasted turkey with Thanksgiving sides and a dessert buffet. $36, $25 seniors, $18 children 5-12, free for 4 and younger. 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• SWB (208 Barton Springs Road in the Hyatt Regency Austin hotel. 480-2035, www.austin.hyatt.com): Buffet with complimentary champagne. Choices include pÃ¢tÃ©s, cheeses, crab legs, shrimp, sushi, breakfast favorites, sea bass, prime rib, turkey and desserts. $52, $27 children 4-12, free for 3 and younger. 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Threadgill's (6416 N. Lamar Blvd, 451-5440; 301 W. Riverside Drive, 472-9304, www.threadgills.com): Thanksgiving standards plus many of Threadgill's chicken-fried favorites and innovative vegetable sides. A la carte pricing. 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• III Forks (111 Lavaca St. 474-1776, www.iiiforks.com): Options for the four-course meal include tomato-basil soup, III Forks salad, roasted turkey, ChÃ¢teaubriand, pumpkin pie cake and bourbon pecan pie. $42.95, $14.95 for children younger than 12. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.