5 things to know about the new Kendra Scott flagship store, which opened Nov. 16
Austin jewelry magnate Kendra Scott celebrated the opening of her new flagship store on South Congress Avenue with a VIP preview party on Thursday night that included a glitter-dusted yellow carpet (yellow is the brand's signature color), a DJ, a macaron tower and lots of bubbly.
"This community has been so supportive of me over the last 17 years that I've grown this company," said Scott, who wiped tears from her eyes as she took in the completed store for the first time. "To be able to have a space like this where we can really celebrate Austin, this amazing place where we all get to live, it's a really special, special moment."
The 3,118-square-foot store at 1701 S. Congress Ave. includes a wide front porch and other new and unique features. Here are five things to know about the new Kendra Scott flagship store, which opened Nov. 16.
1. Kendra Scott's first-ever cafe, Sips and Sweets, is located inside the store. It features sweet treats from female Austin entrepreneurs including Darbie Angell and Maggie Louise Confections and yes, also serves frosé (frozen rosé). A weekend high tea is also in the works.
2. The outside mural is sure to become an Instagram favorite. With a scattering of giant, bright gems and the words, "Anything is possible in ATX," tourists and locals alike will want to snap a selfie here.
3. There's free valet parking. If you're worried about fighting SoCo traffic, never fear. Valet is available daily.
4. It's the brand's first store built inside a refurbished house. It's located in the space formerly occupied by Hill Country Weavers.
5. Expect lots of special events. The store will host various community-curated events through the end of the year, including, “Live Music Saturdays” and “First Thursday” celebrations, pet portraits with Zilker Bark and a New Year’s Eve event with Charlotte Tilbury. The store will also host regular Kendra Gives Back events, which support local impactful causes.
Learn more about the new store at kendrascott.com.