Putting on the pink at the Komen Race for the Cure
For the second year in a row I joined the parade of pink in downtown Austin yesterday, running in the Komen Austin Race for the Cure. Go here to see my gallery of photos.
Women with pink mustaches. Guys with pink wigs. Couples in matching pink tutus. Crowds of people in pink crowns, pink T-shirts, pink shoes and pink feather boas.
In all, more than 9,200 people participated, raising more than $351,000. (Fund-raising continues through Dec. 16.
Congratulations to winners:
- Female survivor Melissa Sankey with a time of 24:05.2
- Male survivor Stephen Nabinger with a time of 22.29.0
- Female (non-survivor) overall winner Marissa Flournoy with a time of 19.34.4
- Female (non-survivor) masters winner Shannon Pressley with a time of 19:55.1
- Male (non-survivor) overall winner David Melancon with a time of 17:40.5
- Male (non-survivor) masters winner Louis Kokemak with a time of 20.03.6.