Lauryn Hill returning to Austin, and more
Following a triumphant headline set at Fun Fun Fun Fest and a powerful “Austin City Limits” taping, Ms. Lauryn Hill will return to Austin for a show at Stubb’s BBQ on May 2.
After the outstanding success of her debut solo album “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill” in 1998, Hill struggled to find her career footing while also building her family. If her recent Austin appearances are any indication, the triumphant comeback fans have long been waiting for is in the works.
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. at c3concerts.com.
Synth pop superstars Duran Duran released a new album, “Paper Gods” — which sounds pretty much what you’d expect a Duran Duran album to sound like — earlier this year. Next year, they hit the road with all four original members to push it, and they’ll be stopping by the Austin360 Amphitheater for an April 22 appearance. Guitarist Nile Rodgers’ band CHIC will also appear on the tour.
Tickets for the general public go on sale Saturday at 10 a.m. through ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster outlets, or by calling 800-745-3000 to charge by phone.
— Deborah Sengupta Stith
More tickets on sale this week
• Christopher Cross at ACL Live (Jan. 20)
• Pat Green at ACL Live (Jan. 23)
• The Dirty River Boys at Stubb’s BBQ (Jan. 28)
• Wavves vs. Best Coast at Stubb’s BBQ (Feb. 11)
• Rickie Lee Jones at Central Presbyterian Church (Feb. 13)
• Bonerama at Stubb’s BBQ (Feb. 18)
• Bronze Radio Return at the Parish (March 3)
• Melanie Martinez at Emo’s (March 3)
• Vance Joy at Stubb’s BBQ (March 9)
• Ben Rector at Stubb’s BBQ (March 24)
• Yonder Mountain String Band at Stubb’s BBQ (April 2)
• Mount Moriah at Lamberts (April 13)
• Ben Folds at Bass Concert Hall (April 15)
• The 1975 at Austin360 Amphitheater (May 5)
• Leon Bridges at Stubb’s BBQ (May 18)
— Rachel Corbelli
Next week in Austin360: The Force awakens! Get ready for the film blockbuster of the year as the latest in the “Star Wars” franchise debuts.
On “Statesman Shots”