Lilly Allen, Discovery’s “MythBusters” and more tickets on sale this week
By Tony Atkins
Editor’s note: This article was originally published May 16, 2014
England’s Grammy-nominated songstress Lily Allen is coming across the pond for a September date with her Austin faithful at Stubbs. Fresh off of the May 2 release of her third studio album, “Sheezus” — not to be confused with Kanye West’s “Yeezus,” tickets for Allen’s September 15 show will go on sale this Friday at 10 a.m. While Allen’s musical body of work stands on its own, she has also been featured on notable songs from American artists as well, such as Common’s “Drivin’ Me Wild” (2007), T Pain’s “5 O’Clock” (2011) and Pink’s “True Love” (2013).
In other news, fans of the Emmy-nominated Discovery series “MythBusters” will be happy to know that tickets for the Austin stop of the “MythBusters: Behind the Myths” will go on sale this Friday at 10 a.m. The show takes place on December 14 at ACL Live. “MythBusters” co-hosts Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage will perform experiments on stage and engage in other mind-blowing scientific shenanigans. Their Austin trip with are stop 29 on the 32-stop tour.
Here is a look at some other tickets hitting the box office this Friday:
- Welcome To Night Vale at the Paramount Theatre (Jul 17)
- Hard Working Americans with Cody Canada at Stubb’s (Jul 26)
- Us The Duo at Emo’s Austin (Jul. 31)
- Rx Bandits and the Dear Hunter at Emo’s Austin (Aug. 15)
- The Pretty Reckless at Emo’s Austin (Sep. 26)
- The Ariborne Toxic Event at Stubb’s (Sep. 26)
- Rachael Yamagata at the Parish (Nov. 2)