Alamo Drafthouse has a special 'Avengers: Endgame' menu, obvi
Dinner, assemble! Alamo Drafthouse, the Austin-based dinner-and-a-movie chain, has come up with another tie-in menu for a new blockbuster, this time for the movie event of summer 2019: "Avengers: Endgame."
Here's what the Agents of A.L.A.M.O. (the Associated Laboratory for Astonishing Meal Oversight, they say) have in store for Marvel's magnum opus, opening April 26:
• Titan burger: As big as Thanos himself, it's a double cheeseburger with beef patties, Swiss cheese, smoked ghost peppers and Titan sauce (made of bacon, pickled jalapenos and sauteed onions).
• Chicken shawarma: Because you've got to eat like an Avenger to watch the Avengers. The shawarma (braised chicken, cucumber, pickled red onion, lemon za'tar yogurt) is available in a pita wrap or in a bowl of couscous salad tossed with baby kale, cherry tomatoes and cucumber with lemon, parsley mint and olive oil on top.
• Awake Until the End Game Shake: A three-hour movie calls for a milkshake made with coffee toddy, Liber & Co. Fiery Ginger syrup, Oreo and vanilla ice cream. You can also get a boozy version with Monkey Shoulder Malt Whisky.
• Wasp's Sting: An eye-popping yellow cocktail of Tres Agaves Blanco Tequila, Liber & Co. Passionfruit, lemon and orange bitters.
• Greek Whiskey Smash!: A similarly vibrant cocktail of Old Forester Bourbon, lemon, mint and sugar.
• The Warrior King: T'Challa might have gotten dusted by Thanos (it's not a spoiler if the movie is more than a year old), but you can still sip in Wakanda style. This cocktail's got Don Q Anejo Rum, Barrow's Intense Ginger Liquer, Kaluha and orange bitters.
According to the Drafthouse, menu item availability might vary by location.
MORE FROM AUSTIN360