Austin360 On The Record: Sarah Fox & Joel Guzman, Little Mazarn
OUT THIS WEEK
Sarah Fox & Joel Guzman, “Christmas Miracles.” The husband-wife team behind the Grammy-winning group Los Aztex rolls out a holiday-themed set of 10 songs that mix not-quite-yuletide classics like “Amazing Grace” and Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” with newer tunes such as Christopher Telles and Greg Massouh’s rockin’ “Christmas Baby.” Along the way, they’re joined by a rather amazing cast of guest, including David Hidalgo of Los Lobos and the great Delbert McClinton as well as local heavy hitters including Jon Dee Graham, Carolyn Wonderland, David Grissom, Adrian Quesada, Malford Milligan, Ephraim Owens and Nakia. Proceeds go to Hungry for Music, which provides musical instruments for underprivileged children. Release show Dec. 18 at One-2-One Bar with guests including Grissom, Milligan and Jake Andrews. Here’s the accordion-driven instrumental “Conjunto Sleighride”:
- DEC. 21: Russell Haight, “Destination,” release show Dec. 21 at Elephant Room.
- JAN. 10: John Mills Times Ten, “Flying Blind,” release show Jan. 10 at Elephant Room.
- JAN. 18: Summer Fires, “Without a Word” EP, release show Jan. 18 at Stubb’s indoor.
- JAN. 19: Johnny Dango, “Dear Everybody, I Love You.”
- JAN. 26: Lew Card, “Takeouts Vol. 1.”
- FEB. 1: Good Field, “Surface Tension.”
- FEB. 2: Mike & the Moonpies, “Steak Night at the Prairie Rose.”
- FEB. 9: Jerry David DeCicca, “Time the Teacher” (Impossible Ark).
- FEBRUARY: Sharks in the Deep End, EP.