The Planner, March 13: Free fitness during SXSW, tickets on sale
More free, open-to-the-public fitness stuff to break up the beer-drinking and band-watching at South by Southwest:
• Spark Fitness Austin, 111 Sandra Muraida Way, will host a 50-minute Buns & Guns Bootcamp with drills, body weight exercises and pushups at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. RSVP link at sparkfitnessaustin.com.
• Vinyasa yoga on the upstairs patio at the Belmont, 305 W. Sixth St., at 9 a.m. Saturday. RSVP email@example.com.
• High energy cardio finished with a yoga stretch at 9:45 a.m. Saturday at the Belmont. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Yahoo Health and Core Power Yoga will offer a free yoga class set to the music of a live DJ at 10 a.m. Sunday through Tuesday on the rooftop of Brazos Hall, 204 E. Fourth St.
• Cardio/yoga combo with Natalie Uhling, Keoni Hudoba and Caley Alyssa at 8:30 a.m. Sunday at NBC Sports Lawn at the Four Seasons Hotel. RSVP email@example.com.
• Panel discussion on the intersection of fitness, technology and community followed by a high-energy cardio session and yoga stretch at 11 a.m. Sunday at 1021 E. Seventh St. Then reset your focus with intention-setting and meditation with Malika Chopra. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Withings will host Activite Pop Dance Workouts at 9:30 a.m. Sunday and Monday at W Hotel, 200 Lavaca St. RSVP email@example.com.
• Yahoo Health editor-in-chief Michele Promaulayko will lead a discussion with Yahoo Tech vice president David Pogue titled “The Struggle is Real: How to Stay Healthy in a Teched-Out World” at 2 p.m. Monday at Brazos Hall, 204 E. Fourth St.
• Meet at Rogue Running, 410 Pressler St., at 7 a.m. March 20 for a 5K group run. ASICS will bring gear and A to Z Wineworks will provide food and wine.
Tickets on sale
Texas native and original “American Idol” Kelly Clarkson recently announced her 2015 Piece by Piece Tour, which will stop at the Austin360 Amphitheater at Circuit of the Americas on Aug. 29. Tickets for the show go on sale Saturday with prices ranging from $25 to $99.
After two years of headlining Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Shania Twain is ready to get back on the road. The queen of country pop is heading out on her first tour in 11 years, which she says will also be her last. Even though the Canadian country singer is working on a new album, the show will highlight the music that made her one of the best-selling artists of all time. Her farewell tour will stop by the Frank Erwin Center on Aug. 9, and tickets for the show go on sale Friday at 10 a.m.
The 2015 Country Megaticket, a three-show “season ticket” to Austin360 Amphitheater performances from Lady Antebellum (July 16), Florida Georgia Line (Aug. 21), and Dierks Bentley (Aug. 28), also goes on sale Friday, along with these other shows:
• Bad Suns at Emo’s (May 12)
• The Early November at the Mohawk (May 13)
• Judas Priest at Cedar Park Center (May 14)
• Bricks in the Wall: The Sight and Sound of Pink Floyd at Emo’s (May 15)
• Mat Kearney at Stubb’s BBQ (May 17)
• Hop Along at the Mohawk (May 19)
• A.R. Rahman at Bass Concert Hall (June 5)
• Melvins at the Mohawk (June 10)
• Delta Rae at Emo’s (June 19)
• World Party at Stubb’s BBQ (June 26)
• Third Eye Blind and Dashboard Confessional at Cedar Park Center (July 3)
• Chicago and Earth, Wind & Fire at Austin360 Amphitheater (Aug. 28)
• The Tragically Hip at Emo’s (Oct. 7)
• SuicideGirls at Emo’s (Nov. 13)
— Rachel Corbelli
Next week in Austin360
Pam LeBlanc goes trail running, plus Matthew Odam goes to Fork and Taco.