Austin Justice Coalition's ATX Black Food Week starts Monday
In an effort to promote black-owned restaurants, educate the Austin community about the importance of minority-owned businesses and offer an avenue for networking, the Austin Justice Coalition has once again sponsored and curated ATX Black Food Week.
Building off of last year’s event, this year’s actually spans two weeks and kicks off Monday. The series features long-standing stalwarts and newcomers to the Austin dining scene.
The collection of restaurants will serve meals during their regular opening hours during the two-week event, and each will also offer "Eat and Greet" social hours on the days listed below, affording diners the opportunity to learn more about the businesses and their owners. Admission is free (the food is not), but if you're planning to attend, head to austinjustice.org, where you can alert the restaurants via the registration link.
ATX Black Food Week schedule, including "Eat and Greet" hours:
• 5 to 8 p.m. Monday, Mr. Catfish & More (1144 Airport Blvd.)
• 8 to 10 p.m. Tuesday, Big Easy Bar and Grill (1806 E. 12th St.)
• 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Hoover's Cooking (2002 Manor Road)
• 4 to 8 p.m. July 27, Sam's BBQ (2000 E. 12th St.)
• Noon to 4 p.m. July 28, Winners BBQ Austin (800 W. Pecan St. Pflugerville)
• 3 to 6 p.m. July 29, Country Boyz Fixins (4140 E. 12th St.)
• 5 to 8 p.m. July 30, Baby Greens (1508 W. Anderson Lane)
• 5 to 8 p.m. July 31, Bahadi's Chicken & Lounge (907 FM 685, Pflugerville)
• No set hours on Aug. 1, Da Slice (3505 N. I-35)
• 5 to 10 p.m. Aug. 3, Wild Magnolias (15424 FM 1825 #240, Pflugerville)