Austin bar has created ’Friends’-themed cocktails in honor of Friendsgiving this month
It’s been years since the “Friends” have wrestled for a football on Thanksgiving, argued over coffee at Central Perk and (temporarily) swapped each other’s apartments after playing another, very different sort of competitive game — 25 years, to be exact.
We can watch all 10 seasons of the comedy on Netflix. This month, we can also order cocktails that have been named after each of the main characters at Geraldine’s, the fourth-floor restaurant at Hotel Van Zandt.
Through Nov. 30, the restaurant has six “Friends”-themed cocktails with both names and ingredients that hearken back to the show. (Can you name all of them?) One dollar from each one ordered will go toward nonprofit No Kid Hungry.
A couple fun details to note: Rachel’s — delicately floral and lavender-hued — comes with a garnish of beef jerky, a nod to the Thanksgiving when she tried to make English trifle and failed spectacularly, making a meaty dessert no one but Joey liked when two magazine pages with recipes wound up stuck together. And Chandler’s comes in a smoked vessel, referring to his occasional smoking habit.
Here are the themed drinks.
• Princess Consuela Bananahammock (Phoebe): Jagermeister, Giffard Banana, pineapple, coconut and lime
• Seven (Monica): Siete Leguas Blanco Tequila, Cointreau and lime
• Traditional English Trifle (Rachel): cranberry-infused Botanist Gin, mascarpone, honeysuckle liqueur and lemon
• We Were on a Break (Ross): Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon, lemon, simple syrup and red wine float
• Ms. Chanandler Bong (Chandler): Wild Turkey 101 Rye, cardamaro, housemade ginger-citrus bitters
• Dr. Drink Ramoray (Joey): Treaty Oak Red Handed Bourbon, Meletti, Dr. Pepper
Geraldine’s is located at 605 Davis St., off Rainey Street. For more information, visit geraldinesaustin.com.