‘Queer Eye’ in Austin: More evidence Netflix show is casting in Central Texas
Antoni is gonna try to teach someone how to smoke a brisket, isn’t he?
In the past couple of weeks, clues emerged that popular Netflix reality show “Queer Eye” is casting in the Central Texas area. Now, another sign that the Fab Five — grooming expert Jonathan Van Ness, fashion stylist Tan France, foodie Antoni Porowski, home renovator and decorator Bobby Berk and self-help czar Karamo Brown — are on their way has emerged.
On Tuesday, Austin Justice Coalition, a local advocacy group focused on equity issues, said Tuesday in a news release that producers for “Queer Eye” have approached its team for help with nominations.
“We were recently contacted by Queer Eye to nominate deserving people(s) for a chance to appear on the show! Although we have our ideas on who QE should pick, they also want to hear from the community,” the news release reads.
Netflix has not responded to a request last week from the American-Statesman for confirmation about casting. The Austin Justice Coalition included additional casting information, presumably from “Queer Eye” casting representatives:
"Specifically, we're looking for deserving people, couples, families, friends and coworkers within a ninety-minute radius of Austin who could truly benefit from a ‘make-better’ from our Fab 5 - Tan France (Fashion), Jonathan Van Ness (Grooming), Antoni Porowski (Food), Bobby Berk (Interior Design), and Karamo Brown (Culture).
Whether you are thinking of your sibling, parent, spouse, colleague, or a dear friend, if you know a truly deserving person (or couple or small group of people) with a compelling story, we want to hear from you."
The coalition’s news release also included the firstname.lastname@example.org email address previously seen on flyers handed out after Jonathan Van Ness’ recent live show in Austin, as well as criteria they recommend be included in submissions:
1. Full names and ages of both the nominator and hero
2. Current City/State for both the nominator and hero
3. Recent photos for both the nominator and hero
4. Phone Number and Email addresses for the nominator
5. Background information on how you know your hero!
6. Please provide us with a brief description of your heroes story. (Ex - What is their current situation? What do they do for a living? Do they have children, a spouse, etc?)
7. How could your hero use help in the following categories:- Food- Fashion- Culture- Interior design- Grooming
8. Any important events coming up in your hero's life that they need to prepare for?
9. Why NOW is it so important that your hero gets help from the Fab 5? What is at stake for them?
10. Links to social media for both the nominator and hero (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube).
The fifth season of the show will start streaming on Netflix next year; according to Cosmopolitan, it will take the Fab Five to Philadelphia.