Pat Green tribute album to feature who’s who of Texas country stars
The Texas country scene has banded together to create a tribute to Pat Green, one of the scene’s pioneers in the 1990s and early aughts, just in time for his 46th birthday.
The tribute album “Dancehall Dreamin’: A Tribute to Pat Green” will be released on April 5 (Green’s birthday) and will feature contributions from Texas acts like the Randy Rogers Band, William Clark Green, Josh Abbott Band, Aaron Watson and Jack Ingram.
The album will be 10 songs long, plus 10 more commentary tracks where Green explains the stories behind each song.
"I've seen a million miles of highway go by the windshield in my bus. I've gotten to entertain millions of people throughout my life. I didn't see this coming at all. I didn't know that my friends would all get together and record my songs, but I feel nothing but gratitude towards all of them,” Green said in a news release.
Related: Here’s 181 songs about Texas
The track list for the album looks like this tribute is going to be interesting. You’ll hear William Clark Green’s take on “Wrapped,” Randy Rogers Band’s take on “Three Days” and Jack Ingram’s interpretation of “Wave On Wave.”
Perhaps the most fitting choice here is that John Baumann is covering “Nightmare.” Nice.
Take a look at the tracklist below. Preorders are available starting March 2 at patgreen.com.
1. “Wrapped” - William Clark Green
2. “Three Days” - Randy Rogers Band featuring Radney Foster
3. “Nightmare” - John Baumann
4. “Wave On Wave” - Jack Ingram
5. “Take Me Out to a Dancehall” - Josh Abbott Band
6. “Crazy” - Aaron Watson
7. “Washington Avenue” - Walt Wilkins
8. “Adios Days” - Cory Morrow
9. “Dancehall Dreamer” - Drew Holcomb
10. “Southbound 35” - Kevin Fowler
11. “Wrapped”: Story Behind the Song
12. “Three Days”: Story Behind the Song
13. “Nightmare": Story Behind the Song
14. “Wave On Wave”: Story Behind the Song
15. “Take Me Out to a Dancehall”: Story Behind the Song
16. “Crazy”: Story Behind the Song
17. “Washington Avenue”: Story Behind the Song
18. “Adios Days”: Story Behind the Song
19. “Dancehall Dreamer”: Story Behind the Song
20. “Southbound 35”: Story Behind the Song