Austin Bakes to host another citywide bake sale this weekend
For the second time in a month, the volunteer bakers behind Austin Bakes are hosting a citywide bake sale to raise money for disaster relief.
In September, they raised more than $20,000 for hurricane relief efforts, but then the California wildfires hit, an earthquake struck Mexico and people in Puerto Rico continued to face hurricane-related hardships.
The organizers decided it was time for another fundraiser.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, you’ll find baked goods at five locations around Austin:
- Whole Foods Market Lamar | 525 N Lamar Blvd. Austin, TX 78703
- Whole Foods Market | 11920 Domain Drive Austin, TX 78758
- Crema Bakery & Cafe | 9001 Brodie Ln B3, Austin, TX 78748
- 365 by Whole Foods | 5001 183 Toll Road, Building A Suite 100 Cedar Park, Texas 78613
- Nate’s | 306 S Main St, Buda, TX 78610
All proceeds will go to Direct Relief, which is providing assistance to people affected by natural disaster, including in Puerto Rico, Mexico and California.