Join me at the Cap 10K on Sunday!
Editor’s note: This article was originally published April 3, 2014
Look for me Sunday, trotting up Congress Avenue, gliding down and up the big hill at Enfield and swooping along Cesar Chavez Street toward the finish of the 2014 Capitol 10,000.
I love this race - not just for the challenging course, but because it’s a rite of spring. It feels like the whole city comes out to celebrate, to participate in a rolling street party and get a little exercise. It’s the biggest 10K in Texas. Yay us!
Haven’t registered? It’s not too late.
- Sign up online today at www.cap10k.com. Entry fee is $45 ($20 youth).
- Sign up at the Statesman Cap 10K Health & Fitness Expo from noon to 7 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Palmer Events Center, 900 Barton Springs Road.
- Packet pickup also takes place at the expo Friday and Saturday.
- You can pick up someone else’s race bib and T-shirt, as long as you bring a copy of their driver’s license. A photo of their license on your cell phone is also permissible.
- The Statesman Cap Kids 1-Mile & Family Half-Mile Fun Run starts at 7 a.m. Saturday at the North Circle Driveway of the Palmer Events Center.
- The Statesman Capitol 10,000 race starts at 8 a.m. Sunday, April 6 on the south side of South Congress Avenue Bridge.
- If you don’t want to run or walk, you can still participate as a volunteer. For more information go to www.cap10k.com/race_weekend/volunteer/.