TriRock Austin Triathlon set for Monday
Editor’s note: This article was originally published August 29, 2014
Are you racing in the TriRock Austin Triathlon this holiday weekend?
About 2,000 athletes are registered for the Labor Day race, which features a swim in Lady Bird Lake, and biking and running courses that snake through downtown. Bands will perform along the route, and a finish line festival and concert will wrap up the morning.
If you’re racing, don’t forget to pick up your packet and rack your bike on Sunday. There is no race day packet pickup, and all bikes must be checked into transition by 6 p.m. Sunday.
The triathlon features sprint (700-meter swim, 16.7-mile bike and 3.1-mile run) and intermediate (1,500-meter swim, 24.8-mile bike and 6.2-mile run) distance events as well as a three-person relay. Bands will perform along the course.
SUNDAY, Aug. 3
- 10 a.m.– 5 p.m. TriRock Austin Expo and packet pickup, Palmer Events Center, 900 Barton Springs Road.
- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. mandatory bike check-in
- noon - Flat tire and transition clinic by Greasy Monkey Wipes at expo
- 1 p.m. -Beginner triathlete meeting and course overview at expo
- 2 p.m. - Race director course review and USAT rules at expo
MONDAY, Sept. 1
- 5 a.m. - Transition area opens
- 6:40 a.m. - Intermediate distance transition area closed
- 6:40 a.m. - Pre-race meeting (all distances)
- 7 a.m. - Intermediate distance race start
- 8:15 a.m. - Sprint distance transition area closed
- 8:30 a.m. - Sprint distance race start
- 9:30 a.m. - Finish line festival begins
- 11:30 a.m. - Awards presentation starts (tentative)