Austin Fit Magazine’s FitTest set for May 31-June 1
Editor’s note: This article was originally published May 7, 2014
Think you’re one of the fittest people in Austin?
Austin Fit Magazine is gearing up for the 2014 AFM FitTest, a two-day event designed to find “Austin’s 10 Fittest” and give the rest of us a chance to test our fitness levels. Participants will take a series of tests that measure strength, endurance, agility, speed, power, precision and conditioning.
The event will be broken into two days - one for those who want to compete, the second for those who don’t want any competitive pressure. The event, presented by Trigger Point Performance, is scheduled for May 31 and June 1 at Camp Mabry.
The male and female winners of five different age groups on Day 1 will be named Austin’s fittest, and will appear in the August issue of Austin Fit Magazine. A competitive team division and celebrity invitational event are also part of the first day’s activities.
The second day has been dubbed a “Field Day for Adults.” Participants will take the same 12 fitness tests, but their results won’t be ranked.
I’ve participated in the games twice. They’re humbling, informative and fun!
Registration is open now at afmfittest.com. Participants must register by midnight May 16.And without further ado, here are the first 10 tests. (The final two will be announced the day of the event.):
- Coach Mo’s Standing Med Ball Toss (Upper Body Strength)
2. Stronghorn Fitness Vertical Jump
3. Camp Gladiator’s 40-Yard Dash (Sprinting Speed)
4. Body by Frame Agility Shuttle (Agility and Speed)
5. Oatmega Bar Precision Throw (Accuracy, Coordination, Skill)
6. Pure Austin Pull-Ups (Upper Body Strength)
7. CrossFit Central Burpees (Overall Body Strength, Endurance)
8. Castle Hill Fitness Hand Grip (Strength)
9. Dane’s Body Shop Interval Run (Speed, Endurance, and Conditioning)
10. Luke’s Locker 1-Mile Run (Speed, Endurance)