Our cute couples contest is back
Share your photo with us and you could win a gift card
Cutest Couple Contest (the “Contest”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Contest is open to Texas residents, 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Enterprises, Inc. and each of its respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
3.How to enter. The Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. (C.S.T.) on Jan. 12, 2011 and end at 11:59 p.m. (C.S.T.) on Jan. 28, 2011.
Internet entry: Enter by visiting austin360.com/go/cutecouples. Upload your photos directly to the site by Jan. 28, 2011.
Photos should be in a JPG or GIF format with a maximum size of 5MB. Stories should be 500 words or less. By submitting photographs or stories to us, you represent that you are the owner or have permission from the owner to do so at no charge for editorial use. You further represent the photos are not manipulated insofar as depicting reality and have not used electronic means to introduce or remove content from the photograph. You authorize statesman.com, austin360.com, the Austin American-Statesman and any of its agents or affiliates to publish and republish the photo or story, but not to sell individual reproductions of your work. You retain ownership of the work and in no way surrender any copyright. You also agree that you as owner or artist of the offered work may be identified as such when published, and that there is no guarantee of publication made by acceptance of your submission.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. Winner selection. One (1) grand prize winner for the top photo will be selected based on austin360.com reader votes and judging by a committee made up of Austin American-Statesman staff. Voting will be open from Jan. 12 to Feb. 13, 2011, for all photo entries. The winner will be announced on or about Monday, Feb. 14, 2011.
5. Prizes and odds.
Grand Prize: One Grand Prize winner will receive a $100 MasterCard® gift card (actual retail value (“ARV”) $100).
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the number of winning votes received for each entry.
6. Winner notification and acceptance. Grand Prize winners will be notified by telephone or by email on or about Feb. 15, 2011. Failure to reach winner within two (2) business days of first notification may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes.
Grand Prize winners will be required to physically come to the Sponsor’s place of business at 305 S. Congress Avenue, Austin, TX to present a photo ID, provide a valid Social Security number, and complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within five (5) business days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by the Austin American-Statesman. The decisions of Sponsor and Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest.