¡Pachanga! Latino Music Festival Rules
¡Pachanga! Latino Music Festival (the “Contest”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Contest is open to Texas residents, 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Enterprises, Inc. and each of its respective affiliated companies, contest sponsors and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 12:00 p.m. (C.S.T.) on May 13, 2010 and end at 11:59 p.m. (C.S.T.) on May 18, 2010 (the “Contest Period”).
Entrants will go to http://www.austin360.com/go/pachanga or email email@example.com.
4. Winner Selection. Selected finalists will be chosen by AAS employees and are at the sole discretion of the AAS. There will be one (1) grand prize winners, and five (5) runner up winners.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
5. Prizes and Odds.
Grand prize winner will receive two (2) VIP passes (ARV $130.00). Runner up winners will receive two (2) general admission tickets (ARV $40.00).
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Runner up winners will be notified on or around May 18, 2010. Runner up winners will be required to physically come to the Sponsor’s place of business at 305 S. Congress Avenue, Austin, TX to present a photo ID to obtain prize. Grand prize winners will be notified by email on or about May 18, 2010. Failure to reach winner within three (3) business days of first notification may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
Grand prize winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law). Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within three (3) business days of first notification, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, contest entry, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of taxes on prizes.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by Cox Texas Newspapers, L.P., dba, the Austin American-Statesman. The decisions of Sponsor and Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Austin American-Statesman, Attention: Krystal Halfmann, 305 South Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78704.