First months of 2010 filled with big TV events
Beyond the premieres of new series and returns of beloved shows, the first three months of 2010 are also packed with big TV events.
- Jan. 7. 2010 Citi BCS National Championship Game, 7 p.m., ABC. You might have heard a little bit about this: The University of Texas Longhorns take on the University of Alabama Crimson Tide at the Rose Bowl.
- Jan. 17. Golden Globe Awards, 7 p.m., NBC. Ricky Gervais hosts. Top nominees include the film 'Up in the Air' and TV's 'Glee.'
- Jan. 23. Screen Actors Guild Awards, 7 p.m., TNT and TBS. The best performances from TV and film are honored.
- Jan. 31. Grammy Awards, 7 p.m., CBS. Beyonce and Taylor Swift are among the top nominees.
- Feb. 7. Super Bowl XLIV, time TBA. The Who plays the halftime show at Land Shark Stadium in South Florida. We'll find out Jan. 24 which teams will be competing as the AFC and NFC hold their championship games.
- Feb. 12-28. Vancouver Olympics, NBC and affiliated networks. NBC is promising plenty of events live in prime time.
- March 5. Film Independent Spirit Awards, 10 p.m. IFC. 'Precious' and 'The Last Station' lead nominees.
- March 7. Academy Awards, time TBA, ABC. How will having 10 Best Picture nominees instead of the usual five affect the ceremony? Find out as Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin host. Nominations will be out Feb. 2.