1. The Luck Reunion, Willie Nelson's annual day-into-night party, starts at 11 a.m. in Spicewood. The lineup includes Mavis Staples, Shakey Graves, Steve Earle, Lukas Nelson, Bonnie Bishop, Yola, Sunny War and, of course, the man himself. Tickets were limited and sold through a lottery, so if you don't have have one, you're probably out of ... Luck. Information: luckreunion.com.
2. The frontwomen for rock bands Garbage and Chvrches — Shirley Manson and Lauren Mayberry — will speak about "creativity, the music industry and the female identifying narrative" in a tandem conversation with Pitchfork's Puja Patel. (11 a.m. Hilton Salon H)
3. Musician, author and activist Laura Jane Grace (Against Me!) will speak about her decades as a creative force and prominent voice in the conversation around gender identity. (2 p.m. Room 18ABC in the Austin Convention Center)
4. Lizzo will bring her message of self love and maybe her flute to what is sure to be a hot ticket. Rising star and Spotify playlist staple King Princess also is on this official showcase. (King Princess at 11:15 p.m., Lizzo at 12:30 a.m. at Stubb's, 801 Red River St.)
5. It's the first night of the free shows on the outdoor stage at Lady Bird Lake (aka Auditorium Shores, 900 W. Riverside Drive). The lineup: Voila, Odette, Jamie N Commans and headliners X Ambassadors. The music starts at 6 p.m. If you don't already have SXSW credentials, get a free guest pass at guestpass.sxsw.com.