1. Grammy-winning producer and Oscar-winning songwriter T Bone Burnett will deliver a music keynote 11 a.m. at Hilton Downtown Salon H. It's only his second appearance at South by Southwest; he played at Auditorium Shores in 1992 on a bill headlined by Willie Nelson.
2. Legendary Talking Heads frontman David Byrne, who turned heads with a groundbreaking live show last year at the Austin City Limits Music Festival, brings his "Reasons to Be Cheerful" multimedia project to SXSW. From climate change and civic engagement to education and transportation, Byrne addresses ways to create positive change. (12:30 p.m. Hilton Salon H)
3. Popular live radio broadcasts start today. ACL Radio will be at the W Austin for four mornings with acts including X Ambassadors, Patty Griffin, Strumbellas, Steve Earle, the Get Up Kids, Hayes Carll and Robert Ellis. Admission is a $5 donation to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Information and full lineup: www.acl-radio.com. KUTX will be live from the Four Seasons, also for four days, and acts include Wyclef Jean, Griffin, Earle and Andrew Bird. $15 admission ($5 ages 12 and under) comes with a breakfast taco, granola bar and refillable coffee. Benefits the Health Alliance for Austin Musicians. Information and full lineup: kutx.org.
4. Two favorite, long-running day parties kick off today. Waterloo Records has three days of free parties in their parking lot at Sixth Street and Lamar Boulevard. Noon to 7 p.m. Information: waterloorecords.com. It's the 20th year for South by San Jose in the parking lot of the Hotel San Jose on South Congress Avenue through Sunday. Admission is free. Music begins at noon. Information and full lineup: www.sanjosehotel.com.
5. Wednesday's forecast includes rain and possible thunderstorms until 2 p.m.