Why not give the gift of a meme this Christmas? The “RompHim” is coming to Austin, just in time for the holidays.
The so-called “male romper,” a Kickstarter-born flight of fashion fancy which took on viral legs, has now spawned its own traveling tour, taking these gendered garments on the road. “RompTour2017,” according to a news release, stops in Austin in November, and the curious among us will be able to try on these rompers at a pop-up shop before buying one to take home.
(In case you missed it: They’re rompers ... but for men.)
Austin event locations are set for:
- Nov. 1: Cedar Street Courtyard at 9 p.m. for a “Rompsquad Meetup” during a Spazmatics show
- Nov. 2: Criquet for a pop-up shop from 4-7 p.m.
- Nov. 3: Independence Brewing for a pop-up shop from 4-7 p.m. and Bungalow for a “Rompsquad Meetup” at 9 p.m.
The tour is also the debut of the “RompBulance,” which is a repurposed ambulance meant for “addressing fashion emergencies,” which is not something you see every day.
Get one for yourself. Get one for your brother-in-law. Get one for grandma, while you’re at it. Smash the romper patriarchy. Awkward unzipping in the bathroom for all!
MORE STORIES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- How long was Game 5 of the World Series? Long enough for some quality tweets
- Aaron Franklin partners with Uchi chef Tyson Cole for Japanese smokehouse Loro
Literally 15 Instagrams from the Austin Central Library grand opening