What better way to spend Valentine’s Day than with your furry four-legged friend?
Bring Your Own Dog (BYOD), a dog event planning company, will be hosting a "Pawlentine’s Pawty" where Austinites and their dogs are invited to celebrate their pups and partake in some paw painting.
The paw painting party will be on Saturday, Feb. 15 at Oskar Blues Brewery. According to the Facebook event listing, BYOD is enforcing a set of rules for dog owners including:
– Dog owners must sign a dog ownership waiver at check-in.
– Retractable leashes and bungees leashes are not permitted for the event.
– All dogs must be spayed or neutered.
– No pups under 4 months of age are allowed.
– Dogs must be current on vaccinations including parvo virus, distemper, rabies and bordetella.
– No outside human food, dog food, treats, toys or chews are allowed.
– No smoking, including e-cigarettes.
Washable, non-toxic paint will be involved and in order to participate, dog owners are required to bring their own towel to wipe and clean their dog’s paws.
Red and pink attire or costumes are encouraged for both the owners and dogs at the event. Guests are also encouraged to bring pet food and donations to benefit Austin Pets Alive and will have the option of monetary donations when paying for their ticket.
Tickets to the event are $15-$18. Tickets for the paw painting party are available to purchase here.