If you read the news that DipDipDip Tatsu-Ya has been named one of GQ’s best new restaurants in the country, and then promptly got bummed because it’s temporarily closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, this is a spash of relief for you.
The North Austin hot pot spot is opening a DipDipDip Pop-Up out of its outdoor service window starting May 8. DipDipDip will sell sandwiches and ice cream to go from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday at 7301 Burnet Road, Suite 101.
Look for menu options including:
• A beef sandwich with 24-hour Texas wagyu, wasabi ranch, garden pickles and sweet-and-spicy chow-chow
• A pork sandwich made with Mugifuji pork, housemade kimchi and curry cabbage slaw
• Sandwich dips like "umami jus" or spicy miso
• An ice cream taco featuring rotating ice cream flavors sandwiched in a panko-fried brioche bun
• Standard ice cream pints, with flavors like cookies ’n’ matcha and yuzu mascarpone by the pint.
You can order at the window or online ahead of time (and see a full menu) at tatsu-ya.com.
MORE FROM AUSTIN360
‘We miss the roar’: Austin restaurants on empty tables, coronavirus and when to open
Thai Fresh closes for two weeks after employee tests positive for COVID-19
Two Austin chefs named James Beard Award finalists