A fire in the historic building home to Swift's Attic (and eventually sister restaurant Guild) has led to the closure of the gastroclub. The restaurant took to social media to explain what happened and how they are responding. They posted the following to Instagram:

"The Swift’s Attic family is very sad to learn and share the news about the fire that took place last night in our beloved historic building. At the time of the fire, no one was in the restaurant and we are thankful that no one was hurt. Thank you to the Austin Fire Department for their quick response and hard working team to put the fire out as quickly as possible with minimal damage. We would also like to thank the building management team for their quick response and attention into the early morning hours. Currently, we are working to move our current reservations and parties to one of our other locations: @wuchowaustin or @rosedalekb . We are also happy to help accommodate reservations somewhere within the community and ensure that our supportive FOH and BOH staff are taken care of during this time. It’s been a very emotional night for all of us in the Swift’s Attic family and we are humbled by the outpouring of love from the community. We are eager to repair the damage to our kitchen and come back even better within the next few weeks. ❤️ #eatswiftly #swiftsattic"

The Austin Fire Department Tweeted about the fire late last night.

RELATED

Seafood restaurant Guild moving downtown; former space will convert to new concept