Gates at the Austin City Limits Music Festival open at 11 a.m. Friday-Sunday this weekend and next. Speed up by your time getting in by packing only approved items in an approved bag.
The bag policy has been updated: Backpacks and bags with multiple pockets are not allowed, and bags must be 14-by-11-by-5-inches or smaller.
• DON'T DRIVE: Here's how to get to ACL Fest
Small is a key word: You can bring small, single-pocket drawstring bags; small, empty hydration packs; and small purses or fanny packs. According to organizers, some bag exceptions might be made for parents of babies or toddlers with diapers bags, or those with documented medical needs. Go to the Family Friendly Entrance, which is to the right of the Barton Springs East entrance, if you fall into those categories.
• MORE: All our ACL Fest coverage
All bags will be searched; there will be bag-free lines for quicker entry if you don't have one.
Also new this year: No full water bottles, even factory sealed, are allowed. You can bring in an empty bottle (no glass) and fill up at the fest's hydration stations.
From the fest website, here's the list of allowed and prohibited items (and, as always, there is no smoking "of any kind" in Zilker Park):
• Blankets, Sheets, Towels
• Cameras (basic point and shoot consumer-grade cameras) without detachable lenses and other accessories (monopods, selfie sticks, tripods, GoPro mounts, and other attachments are not allowed)
• GoPro cameras without accessories
• Portable/collapsible chair (Individual seat only; no double wide or connecting chairs)
• Sunscreen lotion (no aerosol containers)
• Bug Repellant (no aerosol containers)
• Empty hydration packs
• Empty Water bottles (plastic or aluminum). For CamelBak type water bottle the max size is 36 oz
• External Battery Chargers
• Totems, rage sticks and flags under 12 ft. tall are allowed for way-finding among friends. Items that are deemed by Festival organizers to be unsafe, inappropriate, offensive or are being used for purposes other than intended are prohibited and may be confiscated on site
• Prescription Medicine Requirements: Anyone needing prescription medicine at the festival must present the pharmacy-labeled container which states the prescription, dosage, and patient name to our medical staff at each entrance gate. Patrons are only allowed a sufficient supply of the prescribed medication for that day.
Medicines needing to be inhaled or smoked are prohibited unless in a prescribed inhaler.
Over the counter medications are allowed in a sufficient supply for the day. Bottle contents will be verified by medical personnel at the entry gates.
(This list is subject to change)
• E-Cigs or Vaping devices
• Aerosol containers (including sunscreen and personal beauty products)
• Any and all professional audio recording equipment
• Any and all professional video equipment – no video recording will be allowed
• Professional cameras (any camera with the option to detach a lens)
• Any and all camera accessories, such as selfie sticks, tripods, monopods, go pro mounts and attachments, detachable lenses, or other commercial equipment
• Drones or any other remote flying device
• Camping or Tent setups. Includes camping umbrellas, tents and cordoning off your chairs with tape/rope
• Coolers of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
• Framed backpacks
• Glass containers of any kind
• Firearms, explosives, and weapons of any kind (including pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc)
• Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
• Drugs or drug paraphernalia
• Outside food or beverage (including alcohol)
• Professional-grade radios or walkie-talkies
• Pets (except service animals)
• Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts (including red wagons) or any personal motorized vehicles
• Tents, canopies, or shade structures of any kind
• Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
• Large chains or spiked jewelry
• Bicycles inside the festival grounds (free parking is available near festival entrance)
• No Inflatable furniture (rafts, chairs, etc.)