Hurricane Harvey has left behind major damage in Houston, Beaumont and smaller towns along the Texas Gulf Coast, and Austin-area bars and restaurants continue donating to relief efforts.
Among them are a cluster of restaurants raising relief money through booze. Purchase certain cocktails from them, and a portion of the proceeds from each one will benefit the cause.
The four Austin restaurants in the ELM Restaurant Group, which owns Easy Tiger, 24 Diner, Irene’s and Italic, each have the drink To The Rescue on their menus. Three dollars from the $9 To The Rescue (Tito’s Vodka, Campari, grapefruit juice and grenadine) will go toward the Greater Houston Community Foundation's Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Even better, Tito’s will match ELM’s donation.
But note that the ELM restaurants will only be running this cocktail special through Sept. 10.
Another set of Austin restaurants, run by the New Waterloo Hospitality Group — which include downtown Mexican eatery La Condesa and the South Congress Hotel’s trio of dining spots — are also offering special cocktails for Harvey relief. These are all named for the areas affected by the hurricane.
Café No Sé and the South Congress Hotel Lobby Bar: the Rockport Sunset with berry, limoncello and lemon
- Central Standard: Sun Belt Sour with Kimo Sabe mezcal, agave, egg white and lemon
- Hotel Ella and Goodall’s Kitchen: Clutch City Cup with Pimm’s, ginger beer and mint
- La Condesa: Hermann Park Swizzle with Cruz del Fuego Espadin Mezcal, La Favorite Rhum Agricole, herbsaint, lime, basil and Angostura bitters
- Sway: To Magnolia City with Love, with sake, orange, lychee and Bada Bing Juice
- Watertrade: Blue Bayou with Kimo Sabe Mezcal, blueberry, basil, egg white and bubbles
New Waterloo restaurants will be donating a portion of the profits to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts indefinitely, so you’ve got time to stop by and help with a worthy cause.
- #ReliefBeers at breweries across the country, including Austin, to benefit Harvey victims
- All-star roster of Austin chefs participating in Hurricane Harvey benefit Sunday
Austin music scene Harvey benefits: Reckless Kelly plays ball for relief