PHOTOS: 20 bars in Austin that are at least 20 years old 0 Previous Gallery Next Gallery 1 / 20 Rebecca McEntee / American-Statesman Opened in 1866, Scholz Garten is the oldest operating business in Texas. 2 / 20 Mark Knight The Driskill Bar opened along with the hotel in 1886. 3 / 20 Deborah Cannon/American-Statesman The Historic Scoot Inn has been many things since it was built in 1871, but has been a bar since 1955. 4 / 20 Rodolfo Gonzalez / American-Statesman The Tavern located at 12th and Lamar became a bar at the end of Prohibition in 1933. 5 / 20 Rebecca McEntee / American-Statesman The Texas Chili Parlor has been serving both chili and drinks since 1976. 6 / 20 Kelly West / American-Statesman Ginny's Little Longhorn Saloon on Burnet Road opened in 1963. 7 / 20 Arianna Auber / American-Statesman Lala's Little Nugget has Christmas decorations year-round and opened in 1972. 8 / 20 Alberto Martînez / American-Statesman Donn’s Depot, on W. 5th Street, opened in 1972. 9 / 20 Suzanne Cordeiro / American-Statesman The Hole in the Wall, on Guadalupe, opened in 1974. 10 / 20 Taylor Johnson / American-Statesman Deep Eddy Cabaret,on Lake Austin Blvd., opened in 1951. 11 / 20 Patrick Meredith The Continental Club on South Congress Ave. opened in 1955. 12 / 20 Shelley Wood The G & S Lounge on South First has been open for almost 30 years. 13 / 20 Lynne Dobson / American-Statesman The Broken Spoke on South Lamar has been two-stepping since 1964 when it was south of the city limits. 14 / 20 The Crown & Anchor Pub has been a university-area hotspot since 1987. 15 / 20 Laura Skelding / American-Statesman The Posse East near campus has welcomed Longhorn fans since 1971. 16 / 20 Kelly West / American-Statesman The Carousel Lounge in Northeast Austin opened in 1963. 17 / 20 Tamir Kalifa / American-Statesman La Perla has occupied the corner of 6th and Comal since the Costilla family took over the property in 1973. It is one of the few remaining Tejano cantinas in Austin. 18 / 20 Casino El Camino on East Sixth Street opened in 1994. 19 / 20 Emma Janzen / American-Statesman The Draught House on Medical Parkway opened in 1968. 20 / 20 Dina Guidubaldi The Cloak Room on Colorado Street has been open since the 1970s. View Comments 0 Sign up for e-newsletters Want more news? Sign up for free e-newsletters to get more of Austin360 delivered to your inbox.