It’s time to do a deep dive on your relationships and coupledom. And to do it, this week’s episode of “I Love You So Much” presents a renowned expert in the field. Esther Perel, the Belgian couples therapist whose podcast “Where Should We Begin?” has become a sensation, is a guest this week on our show, revealing why our expectations and culture can sometimes sabotage the happiness we seek in love.
Also on the show this week: Speaking of podcasts, we have some recommendations for upcoming holiday road trips of podcasts you can take on the go with you. In this “Advice for Austinites” segment, Tolly, Addie and co-host Omar L. Gallaga recommend some of their favorite news, comedy, true crime and relationship audio programs.
In this week’s Webb Report, Eric Webb discusses some Austin-themed holiday gifts you might to consider, including a coffee table book of funny signs from El Arroyo and a new Yeti product designed in the style of a Whataburger cup.
We conclude as always with A Toast, our recommendations of things we feel you should be checking out right now. This week’s recommendations include Tom Hanks’ performance in “Big,” the animated film “Coco” and writer/director Greta Gerwig’s latest, “Lady Bird.”
- Find Esther Perel’s book, “The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity” and her podcast on her official site.
- Addie wrote up an article based on the podcast interview. You can find it here.
- Here’s info on that El Arroyo book and the Yeti Whataburger tumbler.
- How young Tom Hanks looks! The original movie trailer for “Big.”
- Statesman movie reviews for the excellent “Coco” and “Lady Bird.”
- How to contact us and more info on the podcast.
- Want to leave a voice mail instead we can use on the show? Call 512-445-3672.