This week on the podcast: how running an ice cream empire in Austin led Amy and Steve Simmons (of Amy's Ice Cream) to find spiritual refuge and economic opportunity in a small town. Elsewhere on the show, co-host Omar L. Gallaga visits Austin-based Treehouse with its founder and CEO Jason Ballard, to explore the latest in eco-friendly home technology — including a $1,700 toilet that could change your life.
In a new advice segment, co-host Tolly Moseley takes a listener question on where all the interesting, fit, and over 50 men in Austin are hiding. On the Webb Report, Katey Psencik talks formative music albums: What was the first album you really, truly loved?
And in "A Toast," we recommend pop culture you should be checking out immediately.
- Honey's Pizza, y'all.
- Oh, the fun you can have in the Treehouse catalogue.
- The fit, fun, over 50 Austin Meetup.
- If that Dixie Chicks album still kinda gets to you (in all the right ways), you're in good company.
- Toast picks: Acton Academy, NLand Surf Park, iFly Austin Indoor Skydiving.
- How to contact us and more info on the podcast.
- Want to leave a voice mail instead we can use on the show? Call 512-445-3672.