Editor’s note: This article was originally published October 1, 2013
The federal government may have shuttered today, but the City of Austin’s Cultural Arts Funding Project hasn’t.
The city’s fiscal year starts today and late last week, the city council approved more than $7 million in funding for arts groups, artists and arts projects.
Grantees receiving more than $100,000 in city funding are:
- Austin Children’s Museum aka The Thinkery: $200,000
- Austin Theatre Alliance: $197,500
- Zach Theatre: $197,000
- Long Center: $190,000
- Austin Symphony Orchestra: $190,000
- Ballet Austin: $190,000
- Theatre Action Project: $190,000
- Austin Film Society: $187,500
- Contemporary Austin: $182,500
- One World Theatre: $175,000
- Austin Lyric Opera: $172,500
- Mexic-Arte Museum: $151,347
- Austin Film Festival: $145,000
- Tapestry Dance Company: $140,000
- Austin Creative Alliance: $132,5000
- Austin Classical Guitar: $118,136
- Rude Mechs: $100,000
- Art Alliance Austin: $100,000
The full list of allocations is here.