Internationally acclaimed mope rockers and 2013 Austin City Limits Music Festival artist the National has booked a two-night stand at ACL Live on April 21 and April 22.
The band’s latest, "Trouble Will Find Me," is up for a Grammy for Best Alternative Album at the 2014 Grammy Awards this Sunday. Tickets for the show will go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday. They will most likely sell out quickly.
— Deborah Sengupta-Stith
More tickets going on sale at 10 a.m. Friday:
• Pickwick at the Belmont (Feb. 11)
• Protest the Hero at Red 7 (March 22)
• Lettuce at Emo’s (April 3)
• White Denim at Stubb’s (April 3)
• Sevendust at Emo’s (April 6)
• S. Carey, White Hinterland at Holy Mountain (April 7)
• Baths at the Mohawk (April 17)
• Aziz Ansari at Bass Concert Hall (April 18)
• Manchester Orchestra at Emo’s (April 22)
• Laura Mvula at the Parish (April 22)
• Tycho at the Parish (May 1)
• Tokyo Police Club at Emo’s (May 5)
• Wake Owl at Stubb’s (May 17)
Trivia Night at Rogness Brewing, 7 to 9 p.m. Friday. Compete in a night of trivia to win prizes and drink Rogness beers, including a few found only at the brewery.
Firkin Friday at Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden, 6 p.m. Friday. Tapping of Branchline Brewing’s Smoked Pumpkin Hatch Chile Ale, a rauchbier from the brewery in San Antonio.
Cellared Bottled Beer Releases at Black Star Co-op, Sunday-Wednesday. Four days of Black Star sharing vintage keg tappings and bottles.
Sunday Funday at Max’s Wine Dive, 4 p.m. Sunday. Wine and food pairings for $25 a person each month or $150 for six Sunday Funday events. This month’s theme: wine to pair with spicy foods.
Becker Vineyard’s Vintner Dinner at Hill Top Cafe in Fredericksburg, 5 p.m. Sunday. Four-course dinner kicks off with a wine reception. All Becker Vineyard’s wine, of course. $75.
4th Annual Lone Star Paralysis Bourbon Bash at Jack Allen’s Kitchen, 6 p.m. Wednesday. Food pairings with spirits from Treaty Oak, Garrison Brothers, TX Whiskey, Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace and 1792. Proceeds go to Lone Star Paralysis, which raises funds and awareness to find a cure for paralysis.
— Ari Auber
Next week in Austin360
You have the festival guide; get ready to plan your film experiences. Movies editor Charles Ealy and writer Joe Gross round up 30 movies with buzz opening this year.