* Soft-sided coolers (small size only)
* Baby strollers
* Portable/collapsible chair (no connecting chairs)
* Regular-size/unframed backpacks
* Two factory-sealed water bottles up to one liter each
* Empty Camelbak or other empty plastic container (i.e., Nalgene bottle). There will be water stations with multiple faucets.
* Ice in soft-sided cooler or Camelbak.
* Personal point-and-shoot cameras. Detachable lenses are prohibited.
Don't even think about bringing:
* Weapons of any kind
* Professional still camera equipment
* Video equipment of any kind
* Audio recording equipment
* Illegal substances or drug paraphernalia
* Framed or large backpacks
* Glass containers
* Food or beverages
* Skateboards, scooters or personal motorized vehicles
* Bicycles inside the grounds
* Large chains or spiked jewelry
* Large umbrellas
* Non-collapsible chairs
* Hard-sided coolers
* Pets (except service dogs)
* No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed
* Unauthorized solicitations
* Metal aerosol containers, including sunscreen
* Your pass
* Your cash and credit cards. ATMs will be set up around the park (fees apply).
* Protection from the sun (i.e. sunscreen, hats, a bandana you can soak in water)
* A blanket (it's easier to carry than a collapsible chair)
* Wet wipes to clean off your hands and feet.
* To stay hydrated (beer doesn't count).
There is no public parking at the festival. And the neighbors around Zilker Park would appreciate some respect. Options:
* Business along Barton Springs Road and MoPac near the festival offer parking spots for sale. They might all be sold by now, but it doesn't hurt to check.
* Take a free shuttle, which runs from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. from Republic Square Park (Fourth and Guadalupe streets). Pick it up again where it drops you off, at the Barton Springs Road entrance.
* Parking at One Texas Center, Barton Springs Road and South First Street, will be free on Friday in the parking garage. It's $10 a day on Saturday and Sunday. You also can park at Palmer Events Center, 900 Barton Springs Road. Call 404-4500.
* Ride your bike. There will be plenty of racks, including some near each festival entrance. Make sure to bring your own lock, or buy one at the Mellow Johnny's bike station. The bike station is also offering bicycle tune-ups and advice on the safest bike route home.
* Ride your scooter. Parking off Robert E. Lee Road in the Barton Springs Pool lot.
* Have a nice friend bring you to the pedestrian drop-off (and pick-up) on Stephen F. Austin Drive at the north end of the MoPac footbridge.
* Take a taxi. Drop off and pick up on William Barton, just south of Barton Springs.
* Pay to park at Austin High School; proceeds benefit the student band. It's $10 Thursday (4:45 to midnight) and $20 for all day Saturday. No parking Sunday. Stephen F. Austin High School, 1715 W. Cesar Chavez St.
Redeem your tickets for wristbands:
* At the festival box office set up across from the main festival entrance in Zilker Park from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
* At the shuttle bus stop at Republic Square, 422 Guadalupe St. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday.
* Children 10 and younger get in to the festival for free with a ticket holding adult. There's even a special kid-friendly area called Austin Kiddie Limits with music and activities.
* Watch out for the no chair zones at the front of the stage. Leave your chair at the check-in booth.