Frontier Airlines is betting big on Austin, adding flights to 14 new cities in April.
The discount carrier said Thursday the additions will mean it serves a total of 30 destinations from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Frontier is adding nonstop flights to:
- Albuquerque, N.M. (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday flights)
- Buffalo, N.Y. (Thursday and Sunday)
- Charleston, S.C. (Tuesday and Thursday)
- Detroit (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday)
- Indianapolis (Tuesday and Friday)
- Jacksonville, Fla. (Thursday and Sunday)
- Milwaukee (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday)
- Minneapolis-St. Paul (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday)
- Omaha, Neb. (Monday and Friday)
- Portland, Ore. (Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday)
- Providence, R.I. (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday)
- Reno, Nev. (Tuesday and Friday)
- Seattle (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday)
- Tampa, Fla. (Thursday and Sunday)
“The greater Austin and Central Texas communities continue to respond well to our ‘Low Fares Done Right’ philosophy,” Josh Flyr, vice president of network planning and revenue for Frontier Airlines, said in a written statement. “We are proud to double down on our commitment and bring even more low fares to Austin with 14 more nonstop destinations. With 30 destinations now available, we are the second-largest carrier at Austin Bergstrom in terms of cities served.”
Buffalo, Charleston, Jacksonville, Milwaukee, Omaha, Providence and Reno are all cities that currently don’t have nonstop flights to and from Austin.
“By nearly doubling their service again this year, Frontier’s robust growth adds to the economic vitality of Austin and Central Texas,” said Jim Smith, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport’s executive director.
Tickets are now for sale at flyfrontier.com.