Fast-paced, weekly rides for experienced cyclists
1. Austin Tri Cyclists Ride: Leaves at 8:30 a.m. Saturdays from Austin Tri-Cyclist, 923 Barton Springs Road, with 2-hour or 4-hour options.
2. Sumo Ride: Leaves at 9 a.m. Sundays from Austinbikes, 1213 W. Fifth Street, for an intense, 2.5 to 3-hour ride.
3. Tuesday Nighter: Leaves Mellow Johnny's, 400 Nueces St., at 5 p.m. Tuesdays to ride to the start. Or meet at the intersection of Turnersville Road at South Turnersville Road in Creedmoor at 6 p.m. for the 20-mile fast ride.
4. Bagel Ride: Leaves at 8:15 a.m. Saturdays from Einstein Brother's Bagels, 12400 N. Interstate 35, for a consistently moderate to hard 3-5 hour ride.
5. Gruppo VOP Ride: Meets at 7 a.m. on Wednesdays at home of Brad Houston, 1813 Holly Hill Drive, north of Barton Creek Square Mall. Race-paced, 28-mile pre-work ride.
6. Mellow Johnny's Ride: Team Hotel San Jose leads a race-oriented group out of Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop, 400 Nueces St., at 8:30 a.m. on occasional Saturdays.
7. Northside Tuesday Nighter: Leaves 6 p.m. Tuesdays from Lake Travis Cyclery, 401 RR620, for 26-mile out-and-back ride.
8. Sunday Mellow Ride: Leaves 8:30 a.m. Sundays from Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop, 400 Nueces St., for a 2.5- to 3-hour intense ride.
9. Jack and Adam's: Leaves 8:30 a.m. Sundays from Jack and Adams Bike Shop, 1210 Barton Springs Road, for brisk 38-plus mile ride that often develops into a race.