- Kristin Finan American-Statesman Staff
Editor’s note: This article was originally published April 17, 2014
Hi, and welcome to my new blog, Love’s a Trip.
My name is Kristin Finan and I’m the travel editor of the Austin American-Statesman, where I write about destinations, trends and other topics relevant to Austin travelers. I also produce a series of travel videos called Love’s a Trip that focuses on family travel.
As the mom of two daughters, 5 and 2, family travel is of particular interest to me, but you’ll find lots of general travel trips, fun links and interesting tidbits in this blog as well.
To kick it off, I’ve included some of my favorite travel-related links that have been making the rounds this week. I hope you enjoy them. Also, feel free to follow me on Twitter at @kristinfinan.
I’ll be updating regularly – looking forward to seeing you here.
- This is my favorite from this week: Two 70-something women fly in an airplane for the first time. Hilarious, sweet and touching, it reminds us that we’re never too old to try something new. http://bit.ly/PYoNUv
- I fly Southwest a lot, and I always enjoy the flight attendants’ unique senses of humor, but this tops anything I’ve seen. Favorite quote: “If you’re traveling with small children, we’re sorry.” http://bit.ly/1eJKwoU
- US Airways made lots of headlines this week when an employee accidentally posted a lewd photo on Twitter. That’s all I’ll say about it at the moment, but you can read more here. http://on.mash.to/1hKa7Ec
- And these images of children and where they sleep, taken around the world, are fascinating. http://bit.ly/1gE6Jpg