This week on “I Love You So Much,” the Austin360 podcast, Al and Lexi Lenhart, the owners of Austin’s Wrestle Circus, talk about the evolution of the indie wrestling circuit in Texas with co-host Addie Broyles.
Sam Deats, the Austin director of the new Netflix animated series “Castlevania,” reveals how Powerhouse Animation worked with writer Warren Ellis on the project in an interview with Joe Gross and Omar L. Gallaga
Architect Richard Weiss gives us updates on his music projects, tells us how the Alamo Drafthouse is doing with its gender-neutral bathroom efforts and pays tribute to the late Bill Collings, for whom he designed Collings Guitar Factory.
On the Webb Report, the recent parody Chili’s location-that-wasn’t on East Sixth Street is discussed. And
as always, we wrap up with recommendations in A Toast!
- Check out Wrestle Circus on their official site. And read Addie’s excellent Austin360 story about wrestling culture.
- Curious about this wrestling scene? You can stream Saturday's Wrestle Circus show for free at twitch.tv/wrestlecircus
- Sam Deats is on Twitter and his show “Castlevania” is on Netflix.
- Obit of Bill Collings. And check out Richard Weiss last time he was on “Statesman Shots.”
- Come meet up with us at Richard’s Aug. 5 show at The Highball.
- That strange fake Chili’s story.
- Toast picks: Hammocks! Plus Owen Egerton’s “Hollow” and “Wonder Woman!”
- How to contact us and more info on the podcast.
- Want to leave a voice mail instead we can use on the show? Call 512-445-3672.
- Next week: Mayor Steve Adler!