- Patient records surgeons gossiping about her on the table
- Teacher who had sexual relationship with student said his grades improved
- Photo of teen smiling in front of fatal wreck angers widow
- Caught on camera: Women brawl over parking spot at Houston Zoo
- Officials: Baby drowns in bathtub after mother falls asleep
A teacher in Texas was arrested after a video surfaced on social media that shows her striking a student several times in class.
According to WFAA, Ozen High School teacher Mary Hastings was arrested Friday on an assault charge.
In the video, which appears to have been recorded by a student and was posted Friday on Twitter, the teacher is seen striking a student several times on the head. She then calls the student a derogatory term and mocks him when he asks why she hit him.
Warning: Video contains mild profanity.
The video was reviewed by police and Beaumont Independent School District officials before charges were filed.
The school district says that Hastings was immediately removed from the classroom and has been put on administrative leave. On April 19, the Beaumont Independent School District voted to fire Hastings.
The investigation is ongoing.