- Roberto Villalpando American-Statesman Staff
The busy travel days at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport for the Christmas holiday have already begun. Last year, the airport handled a little more than 1 million passengers in all of December, according to airport data. So here are five ways to make your holiday trip easier:
- Know your parking options: Beyond uncovered long-term parking at $7 a day, garage spaces are available from $18 to $27 a day. Visit abiaparking.com or call 512-530-3300 for 24-hour parking updates.
- Track security lines live: Go to aus.tsa.iinside.com to see how fast lines are moving at the three Transportation Security Administration checkpoints.
- Check your flight online: Visit content.abia.org:8080/webfids. As we get closer to Christmas, the check-in lines are likely to become longer. So give yourself as much time as possible – try to get to the terminal about two hours before your flight, especially during the peak hours for departures: 5 to 8 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Know your terminal: Allegiant, Sun Country and Via Air depart and arrive from the recently built South Terminal, where gates are listed on monitors as S1, S2 or S3. The South Terminal has its own parking, too.
- Don’t forget: Carry-ons are restricted to one bag and one personal item, such as a purse or backpack.