Statesman Content Marketing
Starting Wednesday, September 27, Howdy Honda is sponsoring a new livestreaming music show “Watch & Win Live presented by Howdy Honda”, which features live musical performances from three Austin artists who are also being featured in year’s coveted ACL Festival lineup.
For three Wednesdays in a row— “Watch & Win Wednesdays” if you will—viewers can tune in to see and hear these artists play for a live studio audience via Facebook Live on the @austin360 page (www.Facebook.com/Austin360). Eligible viewers of the Facebook Live broadcast can enter for their chance to win one (1) pair of wristbands to the Festival. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MUST HAVE FACEBOOK® ACCOUNT TO ENTER. 9/27/17 at 7:00pm CT - 9/27/17 11:59pm CT. Open to legal U.S. residents (excluding PR), 18+. To enter, for prize description, and official rules, visit www.Austin360.com/WatchAndWinLive. Administrator: Cox Texas Newspapers, L.P., d/b/a The Austin American-Statesman, 305 South Congress Ave, Austin, TX, 78704.
Our first performance will be from alternative R&B singer Mélat on Wednesday, September 27th, followed by Asleep at the Wheel on Wednesday, October 4th and CAPYAC on Wednesday, October 11th. Each episode will be livestreamed from 7pm until 7:30pm Central Time, however, eligible viewers can enter for their chance to win until 11:59pm CT.
As each musical artist is both local and a part of what makes this year’s ACL line up so great, each episode is worth setting a reminder for. If you miss the livestream while it’s live and still want a chance to win, you can go to the Austin360 Facebook page, click on the “Videos” option and find the episode from there. Consider this show an appetizer for the musical amazingness that is soon to be ACL 2017.
For more information, please see below or visit www.austin360.com/WatchAndWinLive.
What: Watch & Win Live presented by Howdy Honda
September 27th, 2017, at 7pm Central Time = Melat
October 4th, 2017, at 7pm Central Time = Asleep at the Wheel
October 11th, 2017 at 7pm Central Time = CAPYAC
Where: Watch live on the Austin360 Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/Austin360
More Info: www.austin360.com/WatchAndWinLive
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MUST HAVE FACEBOOK® ACCOUNT TO ENTER. 9/27/17 at 7:00pm CT - 9/27/17 11:59pm CT. Open to legal U.S. residents (excluding PR), 18+. To enter, for prize description, and official rules, visit Austin360.com/WatchAndWinLive. Administrator: Cox Texas Newspapers, L.P., d/b/a The Austin American-Statesman, 305 South Congress Ave, Austin, TX, 78704.
Watch and Win Live presented by Howdy Honda is hosted by Serena Hicks. Serena produces and hosts this pop-up series celebrating Austin’s favorite live music festival, as well as the Austin360 Studio Sessions. She is a self-described pop-culture junkie who lives to learn, laugh and listen to music. Connect with her on Instagram at @bonbonSerena
Watch & Win Live presented by Howdy Honda 9.27.17 featuring Melat OFFICIAL RULES
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
EXCEPT FOR THE MARKS OF THE ADMINISTRATOR (ADDRESSED BELOW), ENTRY MUST NOT FEATURE ANY THIRD-PARTY TRADEMARKS, LOGOS, TRADE DRESS, OR PROMOTION OF ANY BRAND, PRODUCT, OR SERVICE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “Watch & Win Live presented by Howdy Honda” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years or older and are physically located in the U.S. at the time of entry. Employees of Adnoh, Inc., d/b/a Howdy Honda (“Sponsor”) Cox Texas Newspapers, L.P., d/b/a The Austin American-Statesman (“Administrator”), and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
- How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 7:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT) on September 27, 2017, and end at 11:59 p.m. CT on September 27, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
To participate, you must have a personal Facebook® account featuring your first and last name. Your Facebook account does not need to be open to the public, however your comment on the sweepstakes post must be visible to the public, including Administrator. If you are not a registered user of Facebook®, you can sign up at Facebook.com. There is currently no charge to register for Facebook.
To enter, complete the following steps under your Facebook account during the Sweepstakes Period:
- Go to the Austin360 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/austin360/;
- Watch the “Watch & Win Live presented by Howdy Honda 9.27.17 featuring Melat” Facebook Live broadcast at or around 7:00 p.m. CT on September 27, 2017 (the “Live Post”) and leave a comment on the Live Post before 11:59 p.m. CT on September 27, 2017.
- Include the hashtags “#sweepstakes” and “#HowdyHonda” in your comment.
Maximum one (1) entry per person and per email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Administrator will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Administrator, or Administrator’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Administrator and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, and Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Administrator determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
- Entry Restrictions. Your entry (1) cannot depict trademarked apparel; (2) must be suitable for a general audience; (3) cannot contain any nudity, sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content (all as determined in the sole discretion of Administrator); (4) cannot contain any commercial content that promotes any product(s) or service(s) other than Administrator; (5) cannot depict any individual other than you and other persons whose valid consent you have obtained for the use of their images in this Sweepstakes; and (6) cannot contain any trademarks, copyrighted works or other intellectual property (other than works and intellectual property that you own, or for which you have obtained royalty-free rights for Administrator to use in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Authorized Assets”). Any elements appearing in your entry must be entirely original, created by you, be in the public domain, or be an Authorized Asset. Use of any materials that are not original to you, not in the public domain, or that are not an Authorized Asset may result in disqualification. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any entry that violates the foregoing restrictions, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion.
- Winner Selection and Odds. On or about September 27, 2017, Administrator will select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prize Description.
One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive two (2) Austin City Limits 2017 festival wristbands for October 8, 2017 (Approximate retail value: $200.00).
NO TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATIONS WILL BE AWARDED AS PART OF ANY PRIZE.
No refund or compensation will be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of the Austin City Limits music festival (“Trip/Event”), or any portion thereof. Sponsor and Administrator will not be liable if the Trip/Event, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor and Administrator may, in its sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future trip/event. Trip/Event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The terms and conditions of the Trip/Event tickets may govern if the Trip/Event is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen Trip/Event tickets, vouchers, or certificates.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified on or about 9:00 a.m. CT on September 28, 2017 via a Facebook personal message from the @Austin360.com account.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Administrator’s notification within twelve (12) hours of notice or attempted notice.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit Administrator’s offices at The Austin American-Statesman, 305 South Congress Ave, Austin, TX, 78704, within twenty-four (24) hours after responding via Facebook to accept our notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. CT and 5:00 p.m. CT, weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID with a name that matches the Facebook Account name used to win.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within forty-eight (48) hours of notification.
Administrator’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Administrator) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of winner and his/her guest to travel within the time period specified by Administrator, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Administrator’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Administrator will conduct up to ten (10) alternate drawings, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ADMINISTRATOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Administrator reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Administrator for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Administrator. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Administrator.
- Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, Administrator, and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Administrator. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention,” tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Administrator which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Administrator reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Administrator.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Authorization. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT (I) YOUR ENTRY IS ORIGINAL, WAS LEGALLY OBTAINED AND CREATED, AND DOES NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER LEGAL, EQUITABLE, OR MORAL RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY; (II) YOU HAVE OBTAINED PERMISSION TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY FROM EVERYONE NAMED, DESCRIBED, OR APPEARING IN YOUR ENTRY AND FROM THE OWNERS OF ALL LOCATIONS APPEARING IN YOUR ENTRY, AND YOU CAN MAKE THOSE AUTHORIZATIONS AVAILABLE TO SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR UPON REQUEST; (III) THE ENTRY YOU ARE SUBMITTING HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN PUBLISHED OR ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION AND IS NOT CURRENTLY UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR PUBLICATION; AND (IV) YOU WILL NOT DISSEMINATE OR OTHERWISE SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY TO ANY OTHER ENTITY FOR PUBLICATION.
- Publicity Release. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., FACEBOOK INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE, SUB-LICENSEABLE, AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
- Indemnification. If Sponsor’s or Administrator’s use of your entry causes Sponsor or Administrator to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which the Released Parties (or any one of them) may incur as a result of the use of your entry.
- Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., FACEBOOK, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
- Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that ADMINISTRATOR makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and Administrator hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY OF RELEaSED PARTIES OR ANY PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Administrator reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- No Affiliation. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Administrator.
- Sponsor and Administrator. The “Watch & Win Live presented by Howdy Honda” Sweepstakes is sponsored by Adnoh, Inc., d/b/a Howdy Honda and administered by Cox Texas Newspapers, L.P., d/b/a The Austin American-Statesman. The decisions of Administrator regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Administrator will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after October 13, 2017) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.Austin360.com/WatchAndWinLive or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Watch & Win Live presented by Howdy Honda c/o Statesman Media, 305 South Congress Ave., Austin, TX, 78704. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact S. Hicks c/o Statesman Media, 305 South Congress Ave., Austin, TX, 78704.