- Katey Psencik American-Statesman Staff
If you’d like to indulge your cravings on National Eat What You Want Day, we suggest one of these local Austin joints to enjoy some Korean barbecue, chilled ramen or hot chicken. But if you want to be really bad this unofficial holiday, you can give into that devil on your shoulder telling you to hit the drive thru.
In honor of the holiday, Postmates and NationalToday.com analyzed which fast foods Americans crave the most.
The most-craved meal? Perhaps unsurprisingly, McDonald’s Big Mac topped the list (and to celebrate, Postmates is giving away 20,000 free Big Macs in Austin on Tuesday, if you’re a Postmates user).
The full list of most-craved foods:
- Big Mac (McDonald’s)
- Chicken Sandwich (Chick-fil-A)
- Crunchy Taco (Taco Bell)
- Whopper (Burger King)
- McNuggets (McDonald’s)
- Cheese Pizza (Pizza Hut)
- Original Recipe Fried Chicken (KFC)
- Baconator (Wendy’s)
- Roast Beef Sandwich (Arby’s)
There’s no No. 10 on the list, but we’ll go ahead and add it because it’s an abomination that it’s not already there: Literally anything from Whataburger. Texas forever.
- What a scandal: List of top fast food takes Texas favorite for granted
- Turns out Fred Armisen loves Mighty Cone just as much as you do
- The Feed: Austin360’s latest restaurant news, dining events and more