This week on the podcast: how Jane Ko created a huge audience for her food blog and videos on “A Taste of Koko.” Her secret? Years of hard work and lots of hustle.
Joe Gross joins us to talk about what worked and what didn’t at the box office over the summer. What movies thrilled us and which ones failed to launch new franchises? Joe breaks down the memorable hits and forgettable misses.
In a Webb Report segment, social-media editor Eric Webb talks about efforts to rename Robert E. Lee Road. If it happens, whom should the road be named after?
And in "A Toast," we recommend pop culture you should be checking out immediately.
- You can find Jane Ko on A Taste of Koko and on Instagram.
- Need tips for going out in Austin? Text Jane Ko directly on her ASK KOKO line, 512-400-3637.
- Joe Gross on the summer movie winners and losers.
- Eric Webb on the effort to rename Robert E. Lee Road to Robert Plant Road. Insert Led Zeppelin song reference here.
- Toast picks: NLand Surf Park, Austin Bouldering Project and The Little Darlin’ in South Austin.
- How to contact us and more info on the podcast.
- Want to leave a voice mail instead we can use on the show? Call 512-445-3672.
- Supplemental: Robert Plant: Muppet or a man? Or a Muppet of a man? You decide: