Severed heads. An anatomical heart. A unicorn farting a rainbow. Natalie and Dave Sideserf make some of the most amazing (and bizarre) cakes the world has ever seen, and they're right here in Austin. On this week's episode of "I Love You So Much,” the Austin360 podcast, the Sideserfs join us to talk about their Internet-viral cakes, and how their ridiculously artistic creations led to their own show on Food Network, "Texas Cake House."
Because Austin wouldn't be Austin without competitive leisure sports, we bring in a top skeeball player to give us the lay of the land ahead of this weekend's Brewskee-Ball tournament. Competitive Skee-Ball player and Statesman deputy director of photo and video James Gregg explains how the game has attracted such a fervent local following.
And finally -- guys. It's Halloween. Please don't put those awful, foam-like, peanut-shaped candies in poor children's bags. Instead, listen to Eric Webb on this week's Webb Report, who makes an impassioned case for the Best Halloween Candy Ever.
We conclude as always with A Toast, our recommendations of things we feel you should be checking out right now! Omar recommends the Flo Rida song "My House" for kids, James recommends the DubSmash app, and Tolly recommends Marco Polo, the video messaging (with voice filters!) app.
- The Sideserf Cakes photo gallery is unbelievable.
- Watch the Sideserfs on Food Network!
- Skeeball + beer = you? Join the Brewskee Ball league.
- A definitive list of Halloween candy, ranked.
- That Flo Rida song "My House" has been out for...a while, all Omar is saying, KIDS LOVE IT.
- Friends love seeing you lip syncfamous movie lines with the DubSmash app.
- Send your buddies a video walkie talkie message (and get a funny voice in the process) with Marco Polo.
How to contact us and more info on the podcast.
- Want to leave a voice mail instead we can use on the show? Call 512-445-3672.