Are you having a rough day “Adulting?” Well, suck it up, grown-up! Being an adult is awesome, even in a town that fetishizes youth, as we learn this week in our chat with fitness and lifestyle blogger and counselor Carla Birnberg, who has embraced the concept.
Speaking of youth, we also talk to University of Texas students about why the ’90s are suddenly relevant to them. Austin360 food critic Matthew Odam breaks down the top five restaurants from his just-released Austin Dining Guide and shares what it takes to put that list together. And The Latino Comedy Project, the sketch troupe co-host Omar L. Gallaga writes and performs with, has a little audio treat from the group’s show, “Gentrif*cked,” which is having its last run in Austin next week.
We conclude with A Toast, our recommendations segment, in which we sing the praises of Austin’s TheWaveVR and two shows on Netflix, “Happy Valley” and the Lady Gaga documentary “Gaga: Five Foot Two.”
- Find Carla Birnberg’s blog here. She’s also on Twitter!
- Thanks to Prof. Robert Quigley for letting us record his UT journalism students for the show.
- It’s here! Matthew Odam’s Austin Dining Guide!
- The Latino Comedy Project’s show “Gentrif*cked” runs Oct. 26-29. You can get more info here.
- Toast picks: Lions Municipal Golf Course, “Happy Valley” on Netflix, “Gaga: Five Foot Two” on Netflix and Omar’s story about TheWaveVR.
- How to contact us and more info on the podcast.
- Want to leave a voice mail instead we can use on the show? Call 512-445-3672.