It’s time to think about holiday cooking, and who better to do it with than Austin360 food writer Addie Broyles and the Kitchen Diva, Angela Shelf Medearis? On this week’s episode of “I Love You So Much,” author, chef and historian Medearis talks with Addie and co-host Tolly Moseley about her work as well as her big plans for Thanksgiving week.
Also on the show this week: Joe Gross drops in to discuss the latest film from Austin’s Richard Linklater, “Last Flag Flying.” The movie stars Bryan Cranston, Steve Carell and Laurence Fishburne.
Whole Foods’ global beverage buyer Devon Broglie shares ideas for ideal Thanksgiving wines. And Addie’s got a solid list of songs from Texas and Austin musicians with a food theme for her Thanksgiving music playlist.
In A Toast, we recommend Y’all’s Cafe in Round Rock, the writing of Michael W. Twitty and the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
- Find Angela at The Kitchen Diva website.
- Addie wrote about Angela’s Lunch and Learn series a few months ago.
- Here’s the Joe Gross review for “Last Flag Flying,” as well as an interview with filmmaker Richard Linklater.
- Addie’s holiday playlist post. You can find it on Spotify directly here.
- Read blog posts from Devon Broglie on the Whole Foods website. He’s also on Twitter.
- Angela’s Toast pick: Y’all’s Cafe in Round Rock.
- Addie’s Toast pick: Michael W. Twitty.
- Tolly’s Toast pick: the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
How to contact us and more info on the podcast.
- Want to leave a voice mail instead we can use on the show? Call 512-445-3672.